This year the fourth edition of the International Festival of Technology takes place on Wednesday 6, Thursday 7, and Friday 8 June in Delft. The festival field is around the aula building at the TU Delft Campus. Some events are located at The Hague University of Applied Sciences, the Science Center, or the City Center.
The International Festival of Technology is free of charge!
For the workshop, tours, ASML Lasergame, Quantum Escape Room, and the TedxDelft Technical Dinner you need to register and contribute a small fee in advance. This is also clearly indicated at the events.
The festival field is located at Mekelweg 5, 2628 CC Delft. Come with public transport or your bike, since parking spots are limited.
You can put your bike in the temporary bicycle storage near StuD Employment Agency or at the side of the Library TU Delft next to the parking lot. There is also much space to store your bike at one of the bicycle storages at the surrounding faculties.
By public transport
From Delft Station you can take on of the following buses to the TU Delft Campus: bus 40 (direction Rotterdam Centraal), bus 55 (direction Zoetermeer), bus 69 (direction Delft Technopolis), or bus 174 (direction Rotterdam Noord). Get off at bus stop Aula TU Delft, and on Friday after 12 pm at bus stop Julianalaan.
Or take a Mobike shared bike from station Delft or station Delft-Zuid to the festival. You can open these bikes with an application on your smartphone.
At the campus of the TU Delft there are multiple parking lots, where parking is free. The parking Aula is closest to the festival field, but has limited capacity. When this one is full you can park at the parking Sports or parking Architecture.
Welcome! Everyone is welcome at the festival site, there is no minimum age, but make sure you follow the following house rules to help ensure everyone's safety and to make sure everybody can enjoy the festival.
- Visitors have to be 18 or over to purchase alcoholic drinks. In the event of doubt, the festival crew is entitled to ask for proof of identification which must be shown.
- Smoking is not allowed in the tents or buildings.
- It is not allowed to spread posters and flyers in the direct surroundings of the festival, unless permission is granted.
- Visitors may be searched at the festival entrance. You may be denied entrance if you refuse to cooperate.
- Visitors may be exposed to sound levels over 80 dB during the event. The use of hearing protection is the visitor's own responsibility.
- The organization of the festival is not liable for any injuries, damage, or theft during the festival.
- The International Festival of Technology is a cashless festival, which means you can only pay by PIN.
- During the festival we take pictures and shoot videos to share the awesomeness with the rest of the world. We will use this on or own social media, but they might also appear in newspapers, flyers, or magazines to promote next years' editions.
- The organizers reserve the right to make changes in the program if necessary. The organization always makes effort to find a replacing act of similar quality.
- At the entrance security will check for the following items which are not permitted at the festival site: glass objects, food and drinks (a wide variety of food and drinks is available at the festival site), alcoholic drinks, aerosols (deodorant is permitted), weapons or objects that could be used as such, markers (in order to prevent graffiti), drugs, animals, and professional camera equipment (only permission with press accreditation, see info 'press accreditation').
On Wednesday 6 and Thursday 7 June you are welcome at the festival field between 12 pm and 10 pm. On Friday 8 June we open at 12 pm and close the festival off at 00.30 am.
The festival is for everyone who loves to get amazed by music, technology, art, and food.
At the festival field there is a wide variety of food and drinks available. The festival field is a cashless area, which means PIN only.
Professional camera equipment is not allowed at the International Festival of Technology sites. Only with a press accreditation you can bring such equipment, which you can request beforehand via email@example.com attn. Karlijn. Please inform us for which news organisation you work and for what purpose you will use the material.